Coordinator, Program and Placement
About SEWA Bharat:
Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) is a movement to empower women working in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat is part of the national SEWA movement. Established in 1984, it is a national federation of SEWA organizations of women working in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat emerged out of the need to address the SEWA movement’s challenges with geographical expansion and coordination. SEWA Bharat comprises a family of SEWA organizations to further informal women workers’ rights, livelihoods, financial independence, education, health and social security.
SEWA Bharat’s Skill Development program aims to provide need-based, market-driven skill training and upskilling courses (both trade and soft skills) to women from marginalised communities. Post-training, this program helps women by enabling market linkages and exposure to facilitate employment and income growth.
In this sequence SEWA Bharat is piloting a new program focused on skill development of young girls / women for formal jobs. The initial phase of pilot will start in Delhi with placing 300 women in formal sector jobs and design the replicated model for scale.
As Coordinator of the Program and Placement, your primary responsibility will be to develop and lead activities, projects, teams, strategy related to skill development (for formal sector) and ensure the placements of marginalized women across SEWA Bharat states (first phase in Delhi and later on scale up in different states).
Roles and responsibilities will include:
Program nad placement Strategy and Project Management
● Design and implement the pilot phase of the program in Delhi focused on placing 300 young girls/ women in the formal sector. Later on, the program will expand to other areas.
● Monitoring, execution and reporting of program activities and projects initially related to Delhi and then across states.
● Researching and identifying trends, shifting skill training and employment dynamics & opportunity for women and young girls in India to apply in SEWA Bharat’s program
● Analysis of on-going work trends and prepare & update available placement opportunities.
Identify and build relationships with placement agencies.
● Maintaining monthly reports and using this data to drive decision making
This role will also involve overall management, development and strategizing of SEWA Bharat’s Skill Development Program. We seek a big-picture thinker, ideally with management experience, with interest in growing this high-capacity vertical within a well-established organization.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
● 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in placements in formal sector
● Completion of undergraduate Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field of study
● A creative and flexible self-starter, skilled at handling multiple projects and tasks in an entrepreneurial environment
● Ability to work in an organized and efficient manner within a relatively mixed (grassroot +official )
● Ability to take initiative and leadership even with minimal supervision
● Passion for bringing about real, sustainable, large-scale change for women in India’s most marginalized communities
● Willingness to travel to offices across India as required
● Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, in both English and Hindi
Location and Remuneration:
The position is based out of Delhi (New Delhi) with travel to other states. | 6L to 7.2L per Annum
Email a resume to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Application: Program and Placement, Coordinator’ before 10th October 2022.
*This position is only for female candidates and due to high volume of applicants we will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates