SEWA Bharat’s Skill Development program aims to provide need-based, market-driven skill training and upskilling courses (both trade and soft skills) to women from marginalised communities. Post-training, this program helps women by enabling market linkages and exposure to facilitate employment and income growth.
In this sequence SEWA Bharat is piloting a new program focused on skill development of young girls / women for formal jobs. The initial phase of pilot will start in Delhi with placing 300 women in formal sector jobs and design the replicated model for scale.
As Coordinator of the Program and Placement, your primary responsibility will be to develop and lead activities, projects, teams, strategy related to skill development (for formal sector) and ensure the placements of marginalized women across SEWA Bharat states (first phase in Delhi and later on scale up in different states).
Roles and responsibilities will include:
Program nad placement Strategy and Project Management
● Design and implement the pilot phase of the program in Delhi focused on placing 300 young girls/ women in the formal sector. Later on, the program will expand to other areas.
● Monitoring, execution and reporting of program activities and projects initially related to Delhi and then across states.
● Researching and identifying trends, shifting skill training and employment dynamics & opportunity for women and young girls in India to apply in SEWA Bharat’s program
● Analysis of on-going work trends and prepare & update available placement opportunities.
Identify and build relationships with placement agencies.
● Maintaining monthly reports and using this data to drive decision making
This role will also involve overall management, development and strategizing of SEWA Bharat’s Skill Development Program. We seek a big-picture thinker, ideally with management experience, with interest in growing this high-capacity vertical within a well-established organization.