❖ Managing P & L for the FPO.
❖ Developing and adhering to a 5 year business plan, yearly targets & monitoring the execution of the same.
❖ Team management for the entire FPO
Be responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors & Office Bearers of the FPO
● Assist the Board in formulation of goals, strategies, plans and policies
● Ensure different legal compliances like Board meeting, GB meeting, bookkeeping, audit, annual returns etc as directed by the Board
● Ensure maintenance and timely submission of reports as required by the Board and external support agencies
● Managing day-to-day affairs of the FPO and team members
● Discharge such other functions as may be delegated by the Board
● Building the capacities of FPO team members
● Identify and groom the second line leaders and leaders pool at village and primary groups
● Manage relationships with SEWA Bharat, technical experts, consultants, CAs and any other external people/organisations working with the FPO.
● Provide data and reports to the stakeholders like SEWA Bharat WESS and any other technical expert WESS connects the FPO to.
Services to members under the overall guidance of the BoD
● Identifying opportunities for business of the FPO / welfare of members, studies, business plan development and operationalization of the business plan
● Responsible for meeting the revenue targets(quarterly & yearly) & increasing the FPO’s income; while keeping in mind the mission and vision of the company.
● Provide different services to the members as per direction of the Board. Such services include marketing of the product of members, input supply to members, productivity enhancement services etc.
● Information, training & orientation to members
● Resource (financial, technical) mobilization for the FPO
● Ensure setup of / access to different required infrastructure for the FPO
Organizational systems and compliances
- Maintain proper books of account; prepare annual accounts and audit thereof; place the audited accounts before the Board and in the annual general meeting of the Members ● Recruit other staff, on direction of the Board, monitor their performance ● Establish and operationalize different required systems in the FPO – Accounting & Bookkeeping, Monitoring & MIS, Production, Marketing, Governance, HR etc. ● Dealing with support agencies, contracts / MoU, coordinate with them
- Ensuring timely adherence to legal compliances of the Producer Company – internal and external audit, ROC, IT returns etc.
- Ensure to obtain all necessary input, business and trading licenses and do renewals on time – Seed, fertiliser and pesticides (Wholesale & retails) APMC, GST, FSSAI etc.
- Identify and ensure the registration of FPOs in the market platforms/future markets for formal engagement of the FPOs – NCDEX, eNAM etc.