Chief Executive Officer, Bihar
About WESS at SEWA Bharat:
SEWA Bharat is part of the national Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) movement. SEWA is a movement to empower women working in the informal economy. Established in 1984, SEWA Bharat is the national federation of SEWA organizations of women working in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat has launched India’s Enterprise Support Hub designed for businesses run by women in the informal economy (agriculture workers, domestic workers, artisans, street vendors).
About Karnbhumi FPC:
Karnbhumi FPC is a ‘Farmer producer organisation’ with an aim to contribute to the socio-economic empowerment of women farmers in Munger and Bhagalpur districts of Bihar through increased vegetable & cereal production, supply chain management, increased bargaining capacity in the market, and increased social recognition of women as farmers.
❖ Managing P & L for the FPO.
❖ Developing and adhering to a 5 year business plan, yearly targets & monitoring the execution of the same.
❖ Team management for the entire FPO
Be responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors & Office Bearers of the FPO
● Assist the Board in formulation of goals, strategies, plans and policies
● Ensure different legal compliances like Board meeting, GB meeting, bookkeeping, audit, annual returns etc as directed by the Board
● Ensure maintenance and timely submission of reports as required by the Board and external support agencies
● Managing day-to-day affairs of the FPO and team members
● Discharge such other functions as may be delegated by the Board
● Building the capacities of FPO team members
● Identify and groom the second line leaders and leaders pool at village and primary groups
● Manage relationships with SEWA Bharat, technical experts, consultants, CAs and any other external people/organisations working with the FPO.
● Provide data and reports to the stakeholders like SEWA Bharat WESS and any other technical expert WESS connects the FPO to.
Services to members under the overall guidance of the BoD
● Identifying opportunities for business of the FPO / welfare of members, studies, business plan development and operationalization of the business plan
● Responsible for meeting the revenue targets(quarterly & yearly) & increasing the FPO’s income; while keeping in mind the mission and vision of the company.
● Provide different services to the members as per direction of the Board. Such services include marketing of the product of members, input supply to members, productivity enhancement services etc.
● Information, training & orientation to members
● Resource (financial, technical) mobilization for the FPO
● Ensure setup of / access to different required infrastructure for the FPO
Organizational systems and compliances
- Maintain proper books of account; prepare annual accounts and audit thereof; place the audited accounts before the Board and in the annual general meeting of the Members ● Recruit other staff, on direction of the Board, monitor their performance ● Establish and operationalize different required systems in the FPO – Accounting & Bookkeeping, Monitoring & MIS, Production, Marketing, Governance, HR etc. ● Dealing with support agencies, contracts / MoU, coordinate with them
- Ensuring timely adherence to legal compliances of the Producer Company – internal and external audit, ROC, IT returns etc.
- Ensure to obtain all necessary input, business and trading licenses and do renewals on time – Seed, fertiliser and pesticides (Wholesale & retails) APMC, GST, FSSAI etc.
- Identify and ensure the registration of FPOs in the market platforms/future markets for formal engagement of the FPOs – NCDEX, eNAM etc.
● A bachelor’s/master’s degree in Management, Agricultural / allied etc.
● A total experience of 6-8 years with at least three years of relevant work experience as CEO or in a senior managerial role; in the areas of agricultural marketing, agri-input supply, sales & distribution and business development.
● Knowledge on Language, Arithmetic, Analytical, Sales & Marketing, Management, Commodity market / Agricultural trading, Documentation and Computer skills
● Strong oral and written communication / negotiation skills in Hindi and English
● Ability to work independently to achieve performance objectives and deliverables
● Excellent skills in MS Office, MIS, Communication systems
● Work in a team and promote team spirit and culture
Interested candidates are requested to send below documents on [email protected] .
- A cover letter that should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Current and expected CTC
- Two references
Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated. Female candidates will be given preference.