WESS is looking for a Business Associate who will assist all collective enterprises in developing business plans, getting access to capital to enable business growth, and providing support as per need on strengthening the business development & planning team. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to work closely with the enterprises in the WESS cohort & support their capacity building and business planning efforts. This position is based in New Delhi.
Tasks & Deliverables will include:
1. Linking Cohort enterprises to Capital
- Identify the need for capital and potential sources of capital (private, bank, government)
- Assist enterprises end-to-end in the process of getting capital
- Monitor usage of capital and assess the impact of investment
- Assist the enterprise in timely planning & calculation for working capital. The business associate will be expected to lead this exercise for the enterprise
2. Assist enterprises in developing business plans
- Support cohort enterprises in developing business plans for current and future years
- Consult with sector experts in the process of developing business plans; either existing ones or if needed look for new ones.
- Monitor effectiveness & implementation of business plans. Maintain reports and share them on a monthly & quarterly basis with the relevant stakeholders.
3. Assist in developing the business vertical at WESS
- Assist enterprises as per need in developing pitch decks for investors/partners
- Arrange quarterly business reviews with all enterprises
- Develop templates and SOPs as required
- Assist in the evaluation of enterprises in coordination with other teams
- Assist the WESS lead in all business planning & development requirements
- Work closely with other teams in the Collective Social Enterprises Programme that includes but is not limited to the finance team, communications team, program and MEL teams, and state teams
- Maintain reports for all enterprises in the context of revenue, shareholders, sales & purchase, etc.
- Data analysis to be shared with the WESS Lead WESS Board, CSE Program team, and other stakeholders as and when required
- Report to WESS lead for all developments, internally in WESS and regarding enterprises being supported
- Travel to enterprise locations and do field visits as and when required