Experience needed: Experience in the digital & business space; open to freshers with a strong understanding of digital platforms space
About the role
Services sector is the second largest employer of women in urban areas. In the last decade, digital platforms have started changing the nature of employment in this industry, labour contracts, matching of employer and labour. SEWA is undertaking an action research to explore what this new platform economy means for women in informal economy, with the goal being better employment, more jobs and decent work. This inquiry would involve largely designing and implementing pilots in this space, and continuous research to develop SEWAs in this field.
- Assist in innovation and design of new pilot concepts and outreach to new potential partners for pilot projects.
- Coordinate within SEWA Bharat to collaborate with different teams and ensure the timely execution of pilot projects including monitoring and reporting
- Research on the gig economy space, identifying trends to apply to the pilots
- Manage existing pilot projects in digital services
- Manage the documentation of pilot projects including documentation of best practices, success and learnings from the pilots.
- Periodic scan of the program environment to identify potential areas for pilot projects.
- Coordinate the engagement with potential donors and external stakeholders to explore potential pilot projects.
- Interest and understanding of digital platforms space is a must
- A self-starter with high energy, wishing to explore potential areas for lasting impact and gaining experience of multiple stages of project life cycle
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Hindi is a must.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10 to 12 days per month to program sites and other locations, as may be required.
- Confident, self-driven and a team player.
- Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the role
Graduate degree in engineering, economics, public policy, business management or any relevant field
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2019