Location: Delhi, with frequent travel to Bihar
Years of experience needed: Atleast 2 years (relevant work experience)
SEWA Bharat is a federation of all Self Employed Women’s Associations, which is a trade union of women working in the informal economy of India. Established in 1974, SEWA works on a range of issues related to women’s empowerment, with a member-base of almost 2 million women, across 15 states in India.
About SEWAs work with Social Enterprises
With over 40 years of its operations through struggle and development, SEWA members have promoted 144 social enterprises across states, which are all women-owned and women-operated. There are across sectors of agriculture, financial services, production, textiles and garments, health and social security, clean energy and urban services.
SEWA is now setting up a dedicated team to work with its social enterprises. This team will be focussed on working with enterprises in different sectors to move them ahead in their path towards sustainability.
About the role
Sarthak SEWA is a private limited company working on two business lines: access to financial services in Uttarakhand and Punjab, and Clean Energy in Bihar. This role is focussed on working with the Clean Energy business division of Sarthak SEWA. The company so far sold and financed purchase of solar home based light systems. However with government efforts, stable electricity is reaching remotest parts of our country, leaving little scope for our solar home based light systems. The company is now looking to re-evaluate work in clean energy space in India.
- Responsible for the double bottom line of SEWA’s Clean Energy business in Bihar: business growth + impact on people’s life due to our services
- Strengthen the team, operations, data management and analysis, compliances
- Explore new products and add them to the business as required
- Making the business of Sarthak’s Clean Energy a profitable line
- Stay updated with market research to explore future business potential
- Liasion with sector experts and other SEWA entities doing work in this space
- Accountable for performance of the team of entire team involved in Clean Energy work
- At least 2 years of experience in working with a social enterprise, corporate, any form of business whose skills can be applied in this role
- A graduate degree with relevant work experience, or post-graduate degree in management, finance, economic, administration or any other relevant stream
- Experience in Clean Energy sector or with social enterprises in general will be preferred
- Only women
- Willingness to travel to different districts as the individual will have to do extensive travel to the field and market locations
- 2 year commitment
Skill sets needed
- Business Growth and Operations
- Market Research
To Apply: Send in your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2019