Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Associate – SEWA Bharat
About SEWA Bharat:
Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) is a movement to empower women working in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat is part of the national SEWA movement. Established in 1984, it is a national federation of SEWA organizations of women working in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat emerged out of the need to address the SEWA movement’s challenges with geographical expansion and coordination. SEWA Bharat comprises a family of SEWA organizations to further informal women workers’ rights, livelihoods, financial independence, education, health and social security.
The MEL Associate will be collecting and analyzing data from grassroots and helping bridge information asymmetry to – address organizational development needs, further advocacy for informal women workers, provide a data-specific picture to funders and partners, and also provide the government with data on the needs of vulnerable communities.
SEWA’s core monitoring evaluation and learning systems aim to centralize a data collection system from different states’ field teams and provide SEWA state teams with –
- Data systems that give them knowledge of their members
- Identify and report any implementation challenges and provide feedback
- Performance indicators to measure program-based outcomes
- Ways to conduct a needs assessment of populations in their target settlements
- Support for knowledge building and knowledge sharing – including plans for outreach, advocacy, and communication of program learnings
- An assessment of project impact on women’s economic empowerment and other specific goals
We are seeking a suitable candidate, who will aid in anchoring the process of continuous learning and assessment of all activities and intended impacts. The Associate will work closely with grassroots communities, thus having a deep familiarity with their requirements, is a must.
- Aid in training and building capacities of project field staff to collect, report and monitor data
- Use qualitative and quantitative techniques to assess the impact of the project on women’s economic empowerment
- Support state teams in organizing and conducting regular semi-structured interviews with women in the project sites
- Aiding in management of monitoring systems and collating information in a centralized database to monitor state progress and provide inputs
- Ongoing management of monitoring systems to track progress on output and outcome indicators
- Provide project coordinator and state coordinators with timely analysis of data and participate in restrategizing
- Identify and report any implementation challenges of the programme and design strategies to mitigate the same
- Aid the project team in creating monthly, quarterly and annual reports as is required for project documentation
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university or a Bachelor’s degree and exceptional work experience will be considered
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, data management, and analysis is essential. Experience in other analysis software (qualitative and quantitative) would be desirable
- Willingness to travel and spend extensive time in the field across project locations
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Hindi. These will be assessed in the interview
- Ability to work in an organized and efficient manner
- Passion for bringing about real, sustainable, large-scale change for women in India’s most marginalized communities
The position is based out of Delhi, with travel to SEWA states (Travel costs to be borne by the organization)
4.2 LPA – 5.4 LPA, commensurate with the candidate’s prior experience
1 year commitment, post 3 month probationary period
Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter to [email protected] and [email protected]. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis till the position is filled.