SEWA Bharat has a programme called the Women’s Enterprise Support System (WESS) whose objective is to bolster grassroots women-owned collective enterprises. The WESS offers comprehensive support through access to finance, strategic business planning, accounts and compliance, and access to market to help these enterprises reach sustainability. For more details visit here.
The WESS programme is seeking a dedicated Assistant Project Manager to join the dynamic team that works to strengthen women-owned enterprises. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in overseeing and coordinating various aspects of the programme. As an Assistant Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to be a catalyst in shaping this transformative journey, driving meaningful impact and paving the way for a brighter future for women’s enterprises within India’s informal economy.
Key responsibilities duties and tasks include –
1. Project Tracking and Reporting:
- Monitor and track the status of programmatic work being done, ensuring projects are on track and milestones are achieved
- Maintain a regular rhythm for progress updates and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a project management structure, including monthly progress reports and quarterly reports submitted by enterprises, partners, consultants etc.
- Ensure the effective utilization of project management tools, such as Slack, Trello, WESS Work Tracker, and WESS Journey sheet
- Support the quarterly and annual documentation for the programme
- Co-manage the SEWA Bharat fellowship program by overseeing the fellowship calendar, scheduling catch-up calls with fellows, and addressing management, HR, and administrative issues
2. Stakeholder Engagement:
- Organize weekly catch-up meetings to facilitate communication among teams and share high points or achievements
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with teams to assess progress and address challenges
- Supervise third-party contracts and manage their renewal when required
3. Budget Management:
- Ensure efficient utilization of project and administrative budgets through regular budget reporting and meetings
- Share regular budget utilization reports with programme teams
- Collaborate with Program Manager, Finance and Administration teams to establish and maintain budget utilization practices
4. Stakeholder Travel and Event Planning:
- Systematically coordinate bookings and travel arrangements for external stakeholders with the support of relevant team members
- Plan, monitor, and coordinate workshops and events related to the WESS initiative