Accountant, Bihar Mahila SEWA Bachat Evam Sakh Swalambi Sahkari Samiti Ltd. (BCC)
About SEWA Bharat:
SEWA Bharat is a federation of women-led institutions providing economic and social support to women in the informal economy. SEWA Bharat is part of the national SEWA movement and was established in 1984. SEWA Bharat emerged out of the need to address the SEWA movement’s challenges with geographical expansion and coordination. SEWA Bharat is a family of SEWA organizations to further informal women workers’ rights, livelihoods, financial independence, education, health, and social security.
BCC is a women-owned State-level Credit Cooperative that was established in 2012 in line with the Self-Help Group Initiative to provide better credit and savings options to women and has grown significantly, with around 12,000 active female members currently. It was established to provide a credit alternative to the high-interest rates charged by individual moneylenders and to address the limited access to credit faced by women in the informal economy. Today BCC has 5 branches – Bhagalpur, Katihar, Bariyarpur, Munger, and Kharagpur in Bihar.
- Preparing accounts-related reports like trial balance, balance sheet, balance certificate, and report on the same to enterprise management and board
- All ledger-related expenses, income ledgers, member’s accounts, cash book, and bank accounts should be matched with manual entries and data entry in the software being used for this task
- Verifying all daily manual entries with software data entry & reconciliation of cash and bank ledger
- Maintenance and overview of the financial and accounting software being used by the enterprise
- Properly maintain all expenses related to vouchers
- Manage internal and statutory audits of the organization
- Ensure compliance-related accounting at the branch level and manage all legal taxation processes – GST, PF, ESIC, TDS, TDS return File, ITR, and pay the expenses, bills, electricity, telephone, office insurance, cash insurance, all offices and branches rent agreements, etc.
- Handle members-related queries like Bima and loan against cheques, members’ passbooks, FD, and receipts
- All bookkeeping of accounts as per the rules and regulations of the cooperative and other government rules & regulations (legal and otherwise)
- Share financial reports as and when required by Management and board (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- All MIS functions and related work (Manual and Software)-
- New members account opening and closing reports
- New loan disbursement report
- Report on new loan
- Profit and loss A/c
- Expenses reports
- Budget report
- Demand sheet
- Calculate repayment rate and PAR
- Self-sufficient ratio
- Check register
- Physical verification of stock and keeping stock details & register up to date
- To maintain manual and software calculation of interest and closing interest on member’s accounts
- Candidate is expected to travel to every branch in Bihar on a monthly basis according to the organization’s need or whenever the management deems it necessary and resolve accounting and audit-related queries.
Key Deliverables will include:
- One visit to each collection center/office per month for physical verification of all stock, documentation, assets, and any other thing required
- Daily report on BCC’s cash, Bank, and stock status, and coordination with a concerned person at each collection center/office to obtain the report
- Monthly report of BCC’s P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- To maintain all documentation in Hindi
- A fortnightly work report to be submitted to Seniors of the organization clearly stating the progress report of the above
- Coordinate with the charted accountant for completion of Monthly and Annual compliance on time.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another related field
- Experience with accounting software and data entry
- Good understanding of accounting rules
- Good Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Office suite, and Tally
- Good Mathematical and analytical skills
The position is based out of Bhagalpur, Bihar but the candidate will be required to travel on a need basis.
INR 15,000-20,000 per month depending on the candidate’s experience.
Please share your resume at [email protected], [email protected] using the subject line, “Application for the role of Accountant at BCC”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates will be given preference.