Founded by Ela Bhatt in 1972, the Self- Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) works to empower poor women in India’s informal economy by equipping them with the personal confidence, community support and practical tools necessary to fulfill their needs and exercise their rights. In Punjab, we are mainly working with the domestic workers, Home-based workers and Construction workers and take up their health and other civic issues with the local authorities and getting them resolved by community participation. We are also working on connecting women and their families with government schemes and developing grassroot leaders. www.sewabharat.org
About the Work Profile-
SEWA Punjab is looking only for a FEMALE candidate who is fluent in Punjabi and English for Program Coordinator who will work in the community with the women covering both rural and urban areas. Developing six districts namely Mohali, Patiala, Sangrur, Moga, Ferozpur, Gurdaspur. Also be willing to travel to other areas and states for work.
Location – Mohali – Chandigarh, Punjab. Frequent travel to Punjab state (6 districts), 12 days non continuous travel every month
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work towards strengthening of union and developing groups of grass root leaders for SEWA Punjab.
2. Visit the field area and build a strong rapport with members.
3. Develops team capacity by providing training, mentorship and follow up.
4. Maintain rapport with local stakeholders such as Government and Non-Government departments which could be a great resource in terms of building organizations’ work in the state.
5. Ability to work with the team, be open to suggestions and find solutions together.
6. To be responsible for the functioning of all the programs running in Punjab state and developing a smooth work environment for the local team in consultation with the State coordinator.
7. Ensure all work is documented, reports prepared and shared with team on all the programmes.
8. Membership coordination, membership growth, regular contacts and visits to members in the region, identifying their needs and establish flow of information with the head office.
9. Identifying local resources and prepare a directory of the same for ready reference and availability at regional and state level.
Skills and Experience needed
● Knowledge and experience in working at grassroots level, community outreach, and/or coalition building for minimum 3 years.
● Experience being liaison at State level
● Fluency in Punjabi , Hindi and English is a must
● Strong leadership skills are essential including excellent organizational and analytical capabilities, setting priorities, take initiatives and achieve deadlines.
Remuneration: 25000 and negotiable
Email a resume letter, cover letter, writing samples to email@example.com
Contact – 9915938866