Years of experience needed: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the fields of gender or development issues
About the role
The Advocacy Coordinator will be responsible to develop the advocacy vertical which works at the local, state, national and international level to further women’s issues, especially related to collective enterprises. The candidate will lead, design and execute advocacy initiatives at the national and local levels. As required, the position will represent the organization in forums and with external stakeholders.
The Advocacy Coordinator will be primarily responsible to develop and strengthen coalitions with existing and potential partners that would include government agencies, NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate entities. The candidate will also be responsible to develop a grassroots advocacy network among the members by identifying, training and supporting advocacy champions across program states.
- Build and manage an advocacy vertical within SEWA Bharat in close collaboration with leadership
- Create & evolve strategies for SEWA’s work in advocacy related to social enterprises
- Actively engage and build relationships with program stakeholders including current and potential coalition partners
- Create coalitions which can help further the advocacy work of SEWA with a specific focus on the social enterprises space
- Design and manage events, workshops, and working group meetings for the project
- Identify and work with State SEWA’s grassroots leaders to act as advocacy champions across project states
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the fields of gender or development issues
- Prior experience in advocacy
- Experience in managing engagement with diverse external stakeholders and in assisting or leading the engagement strategy.
- Previous work experience at the grass root level in social development
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Hindi is a must.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10 to 12 days per month to program sites and other locations, as may be required.
Post graduate degree in public policy, human rights, social science or any other relevant field.
To apply for the role, send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com