Founder: Smt. Ela Bhatt
Awards and Positions held:
- The 2011 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for her liftetime achievements in comprehensively empowering women in India and elsewhere through grassroots entrepreneurship, access to shelter, healthcare, micro-finance, micro-insurance, skill, legal services, collective bargaining power and other means thereby promoting equitable development and peace, following the Gandhian path of self-reliance and non-violence.
- Noted Indian social activist Ela Bhatt on May 13, 2010 Thursday received the Niwano Peace Prize 2010 for her contribution to the uplift of poor women in India.
- 1977 Ramon Magsaysay award for Community Leadership
- Ex Member of the National commission of Labour
- Ex Member Planning Commission
- Padma Shri awarded by Government of India 1985
- Padma Vibhushan awarded by Government of India 1986
President: Smt. Renana Jhabvala
Smt. Vidya Sinha
Smt. Farida Jalees
General Seretary: Smt. Manorma Joshi
Secretary: Smt. Nalani Nayak